Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

positive thinking in every day life

The truth about positive thinking/ positive thinking in everyday life   
Teaching the mind to be positive could be compared with the learning of a musical instrument.  We need to start at the basics; first we need to know who we are dealing with, if the mind can be trained to work in a positive way we might want to ask; who is training the mind?  What else is there? The body, the emotions, the mind and what else? But who is it, that is going to teach the mind to think in a positive way? You.... who is you?
So whether you believe in a soul or an observer or a conscious and subconscious mind, you need to find that something /someone first and allow it to surface up, allow it to be alive and heard. Allow it to be stronger then the mind who is negative... you have to find a strength in that part of you... ask yourself just how much you want a better you? What are you willing to do for it? How hard will you work to achieve it?        
Then, the  next time you come to that same situation, which drive you crazy on a regular basis, stop, do not react.  This action alone, to stop before your pre-programmed respond unfolds once more, require a strength of mind!
You need to find that strength through the wanting of a better life. Once you find yourself doing that, ask:  what is really happening in my mind, and what emotion does it bring upon? Could you respond in a different way?  Keep your usual respond to the situation at bay? Can you bring yourself to be the bigger person?  
Here is a story form my life that may help to better illustrate the above:
On a day, like any other day, I have made my way to the backpacker I was staying in, on a cloth rack which was stationed outside a shop, was a skirt made out of a fabric which I have found most desirable. I was not in a good place in life at the time and had to find excuses to why I should spend money... I told myself that I work very hard and there for I deserve it. Soon I was in the shop and placed the skirt on lay by without trying it on. I felt good, I felt really good. And so a week later I went by the shop to pay the balance and pick the skirt up. While the shop keeper was finalising the balance, I had a closer look at what I was buying and found, that the zip was faulty. I showed it to the shop keeper, she tried to fix it, and it seemed that she did. Still I wasn’t all that happy to take the skirt. Trying to close a sale, the shop keeper said that if I have found the problem to reoccur, I could bring the skirt back, no questions asked. She wrote a note on the receipt, of our agreement and signed her name. It so happened that the zip was indeed faulty.  Next day, while at work, I have prepared an argument just in case I was to find a different shop keeper.
When I got to the shop I have found that what I feared to happen happened, at the counter was a different shop keeper who did not want to take my word for it, nor did she want to make a phone call to the owner or the person who wrote the note on the receipt.
Now, I am a strong woman... not the kind to back down, I get what I want and it is the only way things were going to unfold. I was going to walk with the money in my hand and nothing else was going to do. And so I got the shop keeper to call one of the two people until she actually got through (the first and second time she said the phone was engaged) and so she was instructed to give me full refund. The shop keeper did not like that she was proven wrong, she carried on with the argument even thought she put the money in my hand. Soon out of nowhere another lady who was a regular in the shop jumped in to the aid of the shop keeper, soon race and color was the topic and the shop keeper could not resist and called one of the classics “why don’t you go back to your country?”
 Back in my room, all fired up with the blood running hot in my veins, I questioned the way I have handled the situation, could I have done things differently? The answer is yes, I could have, I could have resisted the impulse to show the two women that I was much stronger, I could have prepared a positive argument in my head instead of the one I did. I could have walked out of the shop with money smile and one less enemy.
So what am I trying to say? You want to positive your way to richness to success to happiness? Do it, but it is not as easy as making a wish in a time in space where dream comes true, you first have to be able to control the way in which you handle your everyday life, while driving your car, while shopping, while you are out drinking, while you have to take orders from others... master that,,, master control over your need to prove who you are no matter what... your need to read of false ego you need to find who is it that is going to teach the mind how to think.

many have a busy mind, so busy it may seem like few minds are all at work in one head. there are two main categories,  there is the mind that is controlled by the senses, there is another mind who knows more than you think, it has wisdom and reason which will surprise you again and again. the last mind is the one which will help you find a more positive you,  to find that mind and make it strong meditation is recommended , it will in return make you happy, it is that silent observer who need to be heard.    You do that and you are on your way to a better happier you.                                       

0 comments:

Post a Comment