Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

A modern day mircale



In the last decade, we have all witnessed the affect of disaster and destructive force, from tsunami to earthquakes and flooding all over the world, and just in case that was not enough a wave of  ever escalating threat of terrorism, is insisting of reminding the rest of us, the outcome of dictatorship and the repression of the human mind.

mean while, each and every one of us is engaged in what ever gives our life a meaning... a structure and hope, some of us even get to feel happy every now and then. still the quiet desperation is growing, and the human mind is striving to find that which is real that which will stand strong against all obstacles, a new trend is developing trying to quince that thirst, new age religions are sprouting out of the old ones and  being experimented with, like a new found toy.... which is nothing but a reflection of the minds and hearts of the people who run the modern world...

and while faith religion and since are fighting to win the human soul, that which is true and tangible does not need agents, and does not need to be reinvented at all... it is here now it was here before and will be here long after we are all gone...

and while this is all happening on this one little planet at the age of the universe, cave men and astronauts co exist at the same moment in time, right here on earth, and while many lose their faith and believe less and less in an all mighty lord, miracles do happen out of sight in silence and untold. they touch the souls of those, who never lose sight of that which is real and purer than gold.. it happens to those who choose goodness over evil no matter how strong is the evil force. the individuals who are fortunate enough to find true connection with that powerful yet unseen world...

I am one who was giving such fortune,  I am one who feel God in my soul, and now it is my duty to share this with the world... for more than once and more than twice the great mysterious powerful lord, had stepped in to keep me warm while everything around me was crumbling into nothing at all.

and while my story will turn into a book some day soon, I bring here before you a sample and hope to awaken your thirst:

My mother has deserted me when I was six month old, she left me and my brother with our abusive father... and never returned... the story is painful and very long, but I am sure you can imagine what comes with such a package to a six month old girl.

a complex and difficult set of circumstance have separated me form my brother who is all that I've got... while in the back of my mind he was alive, I carried a pain as I set off to see what my own future hold.. I went on an adventure around the world. 

my journey was hard, I was all alone, there was no mother no father no one at all, at times I have found my self out on the street, in a foreign land and with nothing to eat... it was dark it was cold it seemed there was no hope at all... but despite of it all the presence of God was in me and it was strong..

I never questioned whether or not, there was a greater power and it was to him I have turned.. I tried to find the best way to him to talk... different religions.. and even no religion at all..

the journey was long the journey was painful and finally one day I began to see it all... I sat down and finished an old project, a book I have titled "Sonny's Adventures in Mystery Park" which as you know is also the title of this blog... Sonny is the name of my brother, who for years I could not find a word of... only rumors and half storeys.. many were bad and gave me no hope..

they said he was homeless and in trouble with the law. there were time I could not make sense of it all, I was a nice person who tried to always do the right thing no matter how difficult the outcome.. once I even choose to live on the street then embrace a path of life that was not good all...  at which point I have accepted that for a reason beyond my thoughts, the Lord has given me what he thought was good for my soul... and while I questioned and cried to him that I did not understand his point... with every strength I found in me to over come yet another obstacle... I felt a sense of freedom that can not be described in words...

 the obstacles kept on coming and I just kept on getting strong.... finally I knew I will be fine no matter if I am destined to always be alone... and as I gained more insight into the lows of right and wrong and as I pealed the layers of all the baggage I have carried alone, the journey finally had led me to the very same religion who made me run away from home... the very same all mighty who I thought was wrong...

as soon as I have done that, my life had took a turn, and the closer I have embraced that which I so easily dismissed before... the closer the connection with the mysterious power of he universe has grown...
finally just over a month ago I went to buy my first ever Siddur... the very same day a very long search was reaching its final stage on earth...

over the years I have made countless phone calls and hired the service of a private detective... I almost lost all hope... when Gilad Shalit was free to go home, I watched the footage of the family and the strength with which they fought, it is then that I knew I could never give up my search, and so once again I opened my wound and made countless phone calls to different government office in my country of birth,

finally I was told of a radio station who had a show, they, so I was told broadcast the request for relative finding... I send my request and waited for a month or so, before I tried to see if there was any progress at all. The person in charge, have send me an email, saying she doesn't have records of my request,  so once again I send the details and waited for another month or so... still she would claim she did not receive my request at all... this happened three times (she did send confirmation after every request, which made things even more odd) before I felt I had the right to send an email, that would explain the pain she was causing me, with her luck of interest in her job.. with it I have send all the correspondence we have made, over a period of four month or so... and you need to understand, after 17 years of searching she was kind of my only hope!!!

she never replied to that email and there was no sign of here at all... I thought that I blow it and lost the only chance I had... in the meantime I kept on living and building my artistic career and working on my books...

At the synagogue I found comfort, the worlds of the bible made me glow... they opened my heart some times to tears and they still do.... that love that I felt made me want to do more... to get to know the very source of that love I was feeling so deep in my soul.. and so I went and bought the Siddur... that very same day I received an email from that girl from the radio show, she said my request has been broad casted and that I can listen to the replay on line... It was very exiting for me... some one would have heard.. and Israel is so small... sure it gave me hope..

only two days after the broadcast of my request for information regarding my brother.. such information was forwarded to me.. three leads.. two were dead but he third had hope.. and indeed led me to hear my brothers voice on the other side of the phone!!!!!  I now talk to my brother every couple of days, and he too, despite a difficult life in the street and every thing that come with such a package... is now a proud father of two beautiful boys, has a wonderful loving caring and beautiful wife and a very good job... 

of course the story has in it so much more, but this is a glimpse of something real and true... good things do happen, beautiful life changing miracles... and so many of them have happened to me over the years that I never felt poor... my life is enriched with love that is pure ever lasting and very strong...  even when I was blind to see what was given to me that love did not leave me... even when on the streets I was never alone...

and now life is better and has in it a lot more... despite all that could go wrong and every thing that stood in the way for so long
 I found my family... I found the only human who ever cared for me, and with him there are three others who are now my very own...  and that is A MIRACLE!!! it did really save me from losing my last hope..

Miracles do happen you just need to be open and never lose hope... trust in what is giving trust in the all powerful mysterious lows... even if you do not understand them.. as long as you always choose to do good... these lows will lead you to find what is yours.
                                                

0 comments:

Post a Comment